Because of my manic genre-jumping my fellow OWG Rebel, Danielle LaPaglia, gave me this lovely little Versatile Blogger Award, and I figured it was the perfect time to accept it. Of course, that means I have to spill seven interesting facts about myself. This wouldn’t be too hard except in her evilness, Danielle awarded the blog to both halves of my split personality. The adult-author-me posted on Tuesday, the facts here will be more of the PG-13 variety.
1) I graduated high school summa cum laude with an award for science and narrowly missed graduating college with honors as well. (Had I started in science instead of engineering, I would have.)
2) My twitter handle, Selestial, is the name I’ve been known by online for over a dozen years. It originated from one of my characters on EverQuest, a druid named Selestial Aurora.
3) Like Elle in Pretty Souls, I was in color guard in high school (and for three years in college). I was not, however, a track star. I run when chased, and only if I think the chaser might be a zombie. I would have stayed in all through college, but too much wear and tear on my hips and knees sidelined me.
4) Said wear and tear came, in part, from thirteen years of dance classes. Unlike most girls who take dance, my classes were not primarily jazz, tap, or ballet (though we did all of those for parts of our shows). The Poznan Dancers primarily performed Polish folk dances.
5) I am rather severely tech-challenged. When I write in things that Cass does on the computer, I always have to check with my husband to make sure what I want her to do is even possible. As far as my own computer goes, I get really excited whenever I actually manage to make anything happen properly–especially if I get it right the first time.
6) Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. I love the idea of being someone else, if only for a few hours. Sadly, I don’t get to partake in that as much as an adult (my focus is now on the kids since it’s really a day for them). Instead, I just transfer that fun to some of the conventions I attend. If there are costume parties, I’m almost certainly going to be dressed up. (In fact, I’ve got a group of authors who are all planning to dress together for one of the parties at RT next year.)
7) There were severe complications with both my pregnancies to the degree that me and both babies almost died. After the second time, I was advised to not have any more children. Even without the death issue it was good advice because the two I have are about all I can handle. (Love you, kiddos!)
I hope those were interesting enough
The next part of this is passing the award on to a few other bloggers. (It was almost an all Julie panel, but I had to throw in a different J-name just to mix it up.)
Julie Campbell: Fellow YA UF author and OWG member, animal lover and totally non-girly-girl.
Julie-Anne Harrison: Book blogger and my favorite Scot (and a great hostess)–never afraid to tell it like it is.
Jessica Peter: Another fellow OWG member who also writes travel articles! Lover of lesser known mythologies and folklore and crafty as well.
Okay, ladies, your turn for seven interesting facts Can’t wait to read them!
And…starting next week (be here Tuesday!)…